The school has a pastoral and academic structure.
Academically the school is divided into Pathways to personalise provision as much as possible. The Pathways are;
- Red– which follows a route designed to lead to achieving the English Baccalaureate
- Green– which follows a route designed to lead to a minimum of 5 Good GCSE’s A*-C and providing an appropriate mix of academic and vocational qualifications
- Blue– which follows a highly personalised route designed to lead to a minimum of 5 Good GCSE’s A*-G. It is designed to equip students with the basic skills required and develop literacy and numeracy
To monitor and support students throughout their academic experience we have Key Stage Progress Leaders. Their role is to monitor progress and identify Intervention strategies to support students and enable them to achieve their maximum.
- Mr H McCracken- Key Stage Three Progress Leader
- Mr S Neale/Ms H Ledger- Key Stage Four Progress Leader
We currently follow a two weekly timetable. More information on the academic structure can be found in the Curriculum section.
Pastorally the school is divided into four Families creating mixed age tutor groups. The Families are named after the four Key Elements and were named by students when first established. They are;
Each Family has a Family Leader who oversees the students, devises the Assembly and Tutorial Programme. Each Year Group also has a Behaviour Manager who supports students and families with Pastoral care, attendance and welfare. Year 11 students are divided into their own form groups within each Family as part of our Raising Achievement agenda
Formal Registration is during the tutorial period 8.45-9.05 and period 4 1.05-2.05.
Our Student Support Faculty is responsible for student welfare and SEN. We also have a Student Services team dedicated to the pastoral welfare of students looking at Behaviour for Learning, Attendance and issues that may affect student progress.