MONDAY TO THURSDAY 8.00am – 3.45pm
FRIDAY 8.00am – 3.10pm
The Learning Resource Centre offers a well-stocked library of both fiction and non-fiction books including revision and careers guides.
Students have access to the library catalogue, internet, homework resources and printers both during and after school.
Managed by Librarian Mrs Soady, a safe, friendly environment is provided for students in which to study and socialise.
We have lots of clubs going on from Film Club to Minecraft Club, check out the library webpage to keep up to date with what’s going on.
The L.R.C. works just like a public library, you can take books out on loan and it’s free, having a great selection of story books and a good selection of books for homework.
COME ALONG AND FIND OUT WHAT’S GOING ON !
- Go mad for Minecraft an infinite world of possibilities!
- Held every Monday Lunchtime
- Limited places so get your name down quick!
Film/ Book Review Club
- Watch films, read books, make movie/book review videos.
- Make book trailers
- Learn to draw comic strips.
- Monday after school until 4.00pm
Just About Books Wednesdays
- It’s all just about books on a Wednesday Lunchtime. Come and chill out in the peace and quiet with a good book.
Thursday Games Club
- Come along and play on the Wii, DS, board games and computers.
- Internet access, resources, printouts and research help.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
Accelerated Reader Home Connect
Many of our Year 7 and 8 pupils take part in Accelerated Reader during English Lessons and all pupils are welcome to take part in their own time.
Accelerated Reader is a reading development scheme that motivates pupils of all ages and abilities. Pupils read books which are widely available in all libraries and then take quizzes about the books earning points along the way for each book.
The Library holds competitions each term with league charts for most points and most 100% correct quizzes.
Parents and pupils can check their progress on the following website simply by logging in using the user name and password they would usually use in class to log on to Accelerated Reader:
If you have problems logging in or would like to know more please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Soady.