We believe that in the 21st Century mobile technology is an integral part of modern life. They can be of great use in terms of learning and many staff allow students to utilise their phones as part of their learning if it fits in with lesson objectives. For safeguarding issues we do not want to go down the route of banning mobile phones from the school.
However mobile phones can be a problem in school. Responsible use is essential and we would ask you to ensure that students are aware of using phones sensibly. They should not be out in lessons unless students have asked and received permission to use them as part of their learning.
The school expects students to adhere to the following rules:-
- Mobile Phones can be brought into school but the school accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to mobile phones.
- Mobile phones should not be brought into school on days when students are sitting public examinations (Mobile phones are banned in public examinations).
- Photo or video facilities should never be used in school for data protection reasons.
- Mobile phones should be switched off during lessons unless otherwise directed by a member of staff.
- Students who fail to meet the above will have their mobile phones passed onto a Senior Member of staff who will not return the phone until there has been contact with home to discuss the matter.
Responsible use is part of our e safety programme, which all students receive throughout the year.