Gifted & Talented has been initiated to provide opportunities to boost the fulfilment, motivation and self-confidence of the young people of Seaham High School. To provide a broad range of enrichment activities, that will accelerate students’ progress further.
The Gifted & Talented students will be given in – school and out of school teaching and learning programme that will enhance and enable students to demonstrate their potential for outstanding achievement.
The programme consists of the following;
- Debates- enable the student to become confident public speakers.
- Taking an active interest in their school work- one to one session during form time.
- PSHE lessons- career speakers, university visits.
- Parental involvement- Parent evenings one to one sessions.
- Newsletter- by the pupils for the pupils.
- National Competitions- these include Mock Bar Trial competitions, chess and debating, with other schools and colleges.
- Russell Groups University visits- see university life and their structure.
What can parents do?
- Take an active interest in your child’s school work.
- Visiting cultural places, such as Museums, galleries etc.
- Praising achievement and progress.
- Encourage discussions and debates about topical interests and news.
Gifted & Talented form times.
- Monday- yr 7
- Tuesday-yr 8
- Wednesday-yr 9
- Friday- yr 11
The Gifted & Talented is open at break times, lunch time and after school until 3.45.